Saturday, February 21, 2009

One of my favorite pastimes


I left Apple Vally yesterday morning to travel to Barstow. After a short enjoyable ride on I-15, I stopped at the Flying J truck stop in Barstow to fill up the thirsty diesel tank, I drove over to the Home Depot there in town and dropped off the car then headed over to the BNSF Railroad yard and parked the coach at the observation area that overlooks their large classification yard. While there, it gave me a chance to check out the "Self Timer" feature on the new camera. I spent the afternoon in the coach having lunch and observing rail movements while listening to the conversations of the railroad workers on the scanner. After the sun set, it was back to the Home Depot where I obtained permission to spend the next few nights. I plan to spend the weekend here in beautiful downtown Barstow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment