Friday, March 13, 2009

Joy riding in the Arizona countryside

The past few days I have been taking care of odds and ends. Things like: monthly blood pressure & sugar record reports, grocery shopping, looking for items at the hardware store, and finishing up the polishing of all six coach wheels. Yesterday I stopped at Staples to check out features and prices on new laptop computers. They did not have much of a selection, but at least it gave me some information to use for comparison. When I get to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks I will take another look at a new computer. One with a lot more gigabytes of hard drive than my present laptop has.

Next thing I did yesterday was to find a Bank of America so I could take care of my credit card bill. By that time it was only about 11:00 am so I decided that since it was such a nice day that I would head south out of town and take a bit of a joy ride to check out some of the this Arizona countryside. The hills are are turning a dark shade of green and the wildflowers are starting to bloom. In about twelve to fifteen miles I came to a place where I could pull off the road and observe the Colorado River water intake station for the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power which is located on the California side of Lake Havasu. I got out of the car and just stood there for a while just enjoying the silence and the 360 degree view of some spectacular scenery. It looks like today will be another beautiful day. A good day to do some chores like doing a load of laundry and vacuuming the insides of the car and the coach.

I finally made contact with the Sales Office here in the park about my 90-minute presentation. They told me that they have discontinued that program because it was not very productive. They said not to worry about it and enjoy my stay here at the resort. I talked with them for about five minutes and picked up a sales brochure and left. That was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment