Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My favorite show in Las Vegas

From Pahrump I continued east to the little known town of Las Vegas. I will be staying here for two weeks at the RV park at Arizona Charlie's. I have stayed here several times in the past and after shopping around have found it to offer the most for the buck. On my first night here, I took my camera and went to see my favorite show in town...and it's free! Here I am waiting for the show to start. The Fountains of Bellagio.



If you have never seen any of their shows, every evening (winds permitting) every half hour from about 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm there is a show and from 8:00 pm until after midnight there is a show every 15 minutes. Each show is different. I have heard they have over 60 shows. I took more than 80 photos that night trying to catch some of the magic of the fountains. You really have to experience it in person to get the full benefit of this 1\4 mile long fountain. I have always had a liking for fountains and so far in my book, this is the Superbowl of fountains. They use air to shoot water up to heights of nearly 300 feet. And it is all done to the beat of the music. A MUST SEE!











When I left the fountains to walk up to the Mirage, I walked across the pedestrian bridge in front of the Bellagio that goes over Las Vegas Boulevard and I looked over my shoulder and saw this beautiful sight. The reflection of the Cesar's Palace in the glass side of the walkway was unavoidable, but the people on the sidewal at the bottom of the picture gives a good perspective as to the height that the fountain can go.




Below is a slide show of all my Fountains of Bellagio pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment