Saturday, May 23, 2009

Special Delivery

This morning I attended the Central SDA Church in Bakersfield. Before I left Apple Valley, my good friend, Dorothea Myers gave me a package to take to one of her friends, Alice Ferry, who attends the central church in Bakersfield. So today was delivery day.



After church, I delivered the package to Alice and she invited me to stay for Pot Luck. I could not turn down what turned out to be very good food, so I sat with Alice and her husband, Al and we found out that our Pot was indeed Lucky.



We talked for a short while after lunch and I found out that Al heads up a group called Missions of Love, Inc. They are a non-profit company that raises money to buy musical instruments for underprivileged and troubled youth. They even pay for the music lessons. They have a singing group called Except For Grace that give concerts at various locations. Their songs range from Traditional, Southern Gospel, Contemporary, Country to some of the favorite hymns we all grew up with. Changing lives of young people through the power of music is the dedication and purpose of Missions of Love. If you would like to find out more about the group, contact Al Ferry at 661-889-0191.

No comments:

Post a Comment