Friday, July 19, 2013

LAS VEGAS TO SACRAMENTO Part 2

After leaving Goldfield and spending the night in Tonopah, I continued my journey north on US95. I was amazed at the bareness, but yet in its own way, very beautiful landscape. The first city that I came upon was Hawthorne. This town supports the military base located here at the southern end of Walker Lake.




 

Upon arrival in Fallon, NV, I headed west on I-80. A few miles west of Reno I stopped for the night at the Gold Ranch RV Resort. This was about two miles from the California border.


Text morning, I continued over Donner Pass to Sacramento.



Along the way a caught a glimpse of Donner Lake.

On the mountain just south of I-80 one can see the show sheds for the Union Pacific Railroad.



From here, it was all down hill all the way to Sacramento. I spent one week camped at the California Expo Fairgrounds. I visited the Leland Stanford Mansion and the Sacramento Old Town including the Underground Tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment